Why Membership Matters
There are four reasons why church membership is important:
- Membership identifies you as a believer.
- Membership provides you a spiritual family to support and encourage you.
- Membership provides accountability to help you grow spiritually.
- Membership gives you a place to discover and use your spiritual gifts.
If you feel God leading you to be part of our church family, we welcome you and look forward to worshiping and serving together, encouraging and helping you as God gives us opportunities.
Steps to Being a Vital Member of Bayshore
1. Accept Jesus Christ and join the church.
- Fill out the Decision Card found in the pew, and place it in the offering plate. Someone will be contacting you about your decision.
- Walk down the aisle during the invitation and tell the pastor about your decision.
- Be baptized. This is an outward sign and testimony to all that you are a follower of Jesus.
2. Establish a quiet time where you spend time in God’s Word and in prayer daily. If you need a place to start, begin in James, Proverbs or John.
3. Learn to give. The Bible says we should give a tenth of all we earn back to Him. The Lord loves gifts given from a cheerful heart!
4. Get involved in small group Bible study. We have classes designed for all ages every Sunday Morning at 9:00 am. You will learn more about God and the Bible, have a chance to ask questions, develop a sense of belonging, and form lasting friendships.
5. Find a place of service. There are many ministry opportunities here at Bayshore. You can be part of helping others by using the gifts and talents God has given you! Part of Spiritual Growth is ministering to others!